Become our mentor
As a mentor, you will:
- Shape the future of the aspiring entrepreneurship spirit by sharing insights, resources, and connections.
- Build your leadership skills as you motivate and encourage mentees.
- Gain personal satisfaction knowing you’ve contributed to someone’s growth and development.
- Improve your business network with Elab mentor community and VinUniversity
- Achieve personal growth and learn more about themselves
- Improve their self-esteem and feel they are making a difference
- Gain a better understanding of other cultures and develop a greater appreciation for diversity
- Feel more productive and have a better attitude at work
- Above all, a good mentor is willing to take the time to get to know their mentee, to learn new things that are important to the young person, and even to be changed by their relationship
Mentoring relationships are a shared opportunity for learning and growth. Many mentors say that the rewards they gain are as substantial as those for their mentees.
To serve as a mentor, you must be:
- This program is open to industry professionals who typically have three or more years of professional workforce experience in a supervisory, management or leadership capacity and who have a willingness to share their expertise and experience.
- Able to clear a background check.
- Spend at least 1 meeting/ month for your mentee
The Elab Mentoring program is designed to be flexible and work with your schedule. You can adjust your availability at any time by editing your ‘availability settings’ in your mentor profile. You can also choose whether you want to make yourself available to mentees for one-off mentoring meetings, 3-month mentoring partnerships, or both.
Since the Elab Mentoring program is a mentee-driven program, the responsibility is on students and first-year alumni to contact you. The Elab Mentoring team also sends monthly ‘mentor recommendations’ to mentees to encourage them to reach out. One thing you can do to make your profile stand out to prospective mentees is to make sure that your profile is fully filled out with as many relevant details as possible. The more complete your profile, the more mentees can learn about you.
Your mentor profile is visible to mentees and other mentors, however, your personal information, such as your phone number, is hidden from view.
Elab offers the startup mentors an honorarium fee based on your mentoring hours. You will receive detailed contract after registering to become one of our mentors.
The best way to get in touch with our team is via the email address listed below. Please note, we are a small team, therefore, please allow up to 48 hours for us to get back to you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org